It is the first day of the new year. You know that day we make promises and tell ourselves that all it takes is to make a few goals. Yup it is that day, the day we all count down to and wait for. This year I did something different. I did not wait for today to start making a difference in my family and myself. I knew about two weeks ago I had to make changes and there was no way I was going to wait until the start of the new year to get any of them started. It is not always easy; however, if you set your mind to something you can accomplish it.
Happy New Year and my this year bring you blessings.
This year I am not making any promises nor am I making resolutions. It is not about what I can get done but instead what I know is on my heart that is needed to get done. I am a mother of four beautiful littles and they are by far the most important things in my life. God blessed me with the chance to raise his creations and I have been taking advantage of that blessings. To do so I need to make changes. Some I will not like and some I can handle. everything in between and everything surrounding will be my struggle.
This year I will be me. Here are some of the things I will be working towards and I am sure I will have many mistakes along the way.
- I will get to a healthy and comfortable weight. It will not be determined by what the TV nor doctors think is best for me but what works for me at the moment. After I get to that healthy point I might want to further.
- I will take time to read my bible more, do a 1000 gifts, and read some more of my bible. Learning His gospel is important if I am going to teach my children all the things I wish were taught to me in reference to religion. Then when they are older they can make a wise decision if this oath of faith is for them.
- Incorporate my mother in my life more. It would not hurt me to call and write to her and allow her to get to know her grandchildren.
- Spend more time with my children and less time with my frustrations.
- Allow myself to make mistakes when it comes to school .... a 4.0 is not the end all and if I happen to drop below that I will remember that I am enjoying all the other blessings in my life as well.
- I will teach my children how to bake.
- I will finish my book and put it out in December.
- I will blog.
- I will continue to rebuild my marriage. Date nights often, time at home, and a better listening ear.
- I will love and be me.
What ever you do, do it with faith and do not be afraid to fail.
Xo ~ Claudia
I am Wife/Mom/Student/Teacher/Girl Scout Leader/Soccer Mom/Gymnastic Mom/Person/Sinner/Believer ~ I may be one person but I wear many hats.